Wednesday, February 19, 2014

48 degrees...ABOVE zero!

Looks like we've emerged from the days of 44 below zero. The last couple of days we were treated to a tropical-feeling 30-40+  above, complete with sunshine.  I took to the trails for some snowshoeing after work.  Now that we've been snowmobiling on the trails, it's not very tough going.

I had my faithful companion Morgan along.

There's one section of trail that hadn't been snowmobiled on so we ventured that way to get a better workout and boy, did we!  I sunk up to mid-thigh in some places.  I thought I was going to lose poor Morgan there for a bit.

It was so refreshing to be out in the sunshine and blue sky!

I wonder who went that way?

Back on the easy trail.  Morgan's tongue was to the ground and I was huffin' and puffin'.

Back at the house the kids had built a snowman; the first of the season for us.

And then they helped Dad hook up the new toboggan and they fired up the snowmobile.

The neighbor boys came down and it was combination snowmobile-rides and snowball-fights!

No comments:

Post a Comment