Sunday, March 6, 2016

He Gets Me

Scott gets me all the time.  Not gets me as in understands me.  Gets me as in causes Jesse or whoever else is around to say, "Oooh, he's got ya there!"  Here's his latest:

Me:  Scott, you know you aren't supposed to bring a glass of milk in the living room.  We don't drink in the living room.
Scott:  Then why are there coasters on the coffee table?
Me:  (crickets chirping) Well, uh...(stammering)...because Dad and I can drink in the living room.  Be quiet now.

He's been doing this kind of thing for a long time now.  When he was only 4 1/2 years old I was explaining to him that his bedroom was his responsibility to keep picked up.  He glanced around the kitchen where we were sitting at the time and said, "Mom, yo kitchen...yo weesponsibiwity"  Geeze!

I think his best one was the time I told him he wasn't being fair to his sister and he shot right back with, "I thought you always said 'life's not fair"!

No comments:

Post a Comment