Thursday, April 7, 2016

Scott is an ISFP

Does Meyers-Briggs work for kids?  I'm not certain, but Scott and I sure had fun with it one of the days he was home sick.  I kept him home through Wednesday with a fever but he was feeling enough better that we had a pretty darn good time at home together.  He joked a lot about being "so sick".

I encouraged him to read a lot.  He is in a position to get to one million words this year in Accelerated Reader which was a goal he set for himself.  He just finished up the second Harry Potter book and was without something new to start.  We have a bookshelf-full of stuff he could read and one of them I keep trying to get him to read is "Shiloh" which was a favorite of mine growing up.  I finally succeeded and he read the first three chapters that day.

Later in the day, he took the quick version of the Meyers-Briggs personality test on 16personalities.com.  He turned out to be an ISFP.  I haven't spent a ton of time looking over the results but the overview of that type does seem to fit Scott pretty well (except for that whole painting thing)

After he found out what type he was, he wanted to know mine.  I'm an INFJ.

As we were reading about my type, one of the statements said that INFJs will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in.  Scott immediately commented, "Yeah, that's true about you", then in a voice that mocked mine said, "You should read Shiloh. Just do it. It's such a good book. "Just try it. You have to."  What a wisenheimer!

No comments:

Post a Comment