Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Simple and Delicious Beer Bread


Several years ago, after buying yet another beer bread mix at $8 a pop, I decided it couldn't be that hard to make yourself and set out to find an easy recipe.  There were tons to be had, but none were that perfect mix of simplicity and deliciousness, so I set out to experiment until I created one that was both.  Here is the result:




3 cups flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tsp baking powder
2 heaping Tbsp parsley
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 Tsp seasonings (I use Cabela's Beer & Garlic seasoning if I have it.  If I don't, I use a combination of garlic powder, onion salt, seasoning salt, etc. - really anything savory will work)

Combine all dry ingredients.  Pour in one 12 oz can of beer and stir until all of the dry mix is moistened.  Put dough in a greased loaf pan.  If you would like, you can melt a couple tablespoons of butter and pour over the top but it's not necessary.  Bake at 375 degrees for one hour to one hour and fifteen minutes.

This bread goes great with any soup, stew, pasta or salad and it's a hearty little snack all by itself as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it looked really good when you were eating it at lunch today without offering me any;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh...my bad. I owe you some!

    ReplyDelete