Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Catching Up - before I left

I had a work trip to Omaha the week before Memorial Day.  But it’s been even longer than that since I posted.  Life, I guess.  So here’s what we were up to since my last post up until just before I left for Omaha.

Bekah and Scott had their spring piano and violin recital.  Bekah’s violin teacher is moving away so this was her last year having her.  They both did a fantastic job on their pieces.  We’ve taken a break from practice since then and will pick it up again a few days a week over the summer.

With the nice weather we had, I had lots of time to shoot bow.  This was one of my better groupings.  And no, Alarik wasn’t sitting there while I shot!

Besides shooting bow, we had fun over the nice, sunny afternoons just hanging out in the backyard.

The kids all got new fishing poles from Grandpa Tom and had been itching to use them.  We went out to Lake of the Isles the day before I left on my trip and we had such a great time!




Alarik caught his first fish and he was PUMPED!  It was a smallmouth which it wasn't season for yet, but he was still really excited and he ran up and down the fishing pier pumping his fists in the air and yelling, "MY FIRST FISH IS A CHAMPION!!!"


Bekah caught a little slimer.  She was excited, but not touching it!

Just one little mishap; while trying to take a photo of the kids all fishing, someone dropped their phone in the lake.  The water was 30 feet deep at the end of the pier so there was no going in for it.  Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment