Tuesday, September 6, 2016

I'm Becoming Like My Husband!

Jesse has always been "rammy". It's a well-known fact among family, friends and co-workers.  In fact, one carpentry crew he worked with nick-named him "Captain Rammy-Pants".  I also tease him about it.  I can't leave the house for more than a day, if he is home with the kids, without him rearranging a room's worth of furniture or starting to demo something around the house. 

But I fear after all this teasing him, his ways are starting to rub off on me.  I was wiping down the stove hood when I noticed how disgusting the underside of it was.  As I was contorted over the stove and under the hood trying to magic-eraser it clean, I noticed it only had two little screws holding it up.  Figuring it would be a whole lot easier to clean if it was down, I unscrewed the two little screws and took the whole thing outside.  Once I had it out there I took apart everything I easily could on it, sprayed it down with a degreaser and scrubbed away.  Even the lightbulb had a gross layer of icky gunk on it.  I left it outside to dry and went back in to clean the wall behind where it had been.  I decided I liked the stove area better without that clunky old thing there so I left it down.  Jesse came home from an ambulance call to find it still lying in pieces on the deck which he found comical for some reason.  I don't know...didn't seem that strange to me.

He laughed at me again last night when, after cleaning almost all day, we had those delicious pork rolls for dinner.  After we ate, I was clearing the table while he was doing the dishes.  I suddenly made him jump with the sound of the sander firing up.  He thought it was pretty funny that I just all of a sudden decided I had to refinish the middle of the table NOW.  But, in my defense, I had actually been pondering this small project for a long time and it just seemed like I had time to get it done so I went for it.
What can I say?  I had a lot I wanted to get done this Labor Day weekend and I got in the groove and pretty much took names and kicked ass all weekend.  :)  I guess I might have to tone it down a bit though.  I don't want to be known as Mrs. Captain Rammy-Pants!  Well wait, I guess I AM that anyway.  But you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment