Friday, October 21, 2016

Halloween Party

How strange it is to have a 6th grader.  She set this party all up, 6 kids came, had a blast for three hours and then got picked up and I really didn't have to do a thing.
Jesse and I were sitting around the fire with Bekah when the first two kids arrived.  Then the third got dropped off and Bekah started eyeing us. We visited with the kids for a bit and then Bekah finally ventured, "So...when are you two going inside?"  Ba, ha, ha! Hint taken.

I didn't go out again until the party was almost over and snapped this picture.  You can just make out the other three in the ghostly background.  Bekah was kind enough to let her brothers enjoy the party as well.

After the last kid had been picked up and the leftover food was put away, Bekah came into my room and said, "Mom, I just want to say thank you for letting me have the party and buying the snacks. Everyone had a lot of fun."  How nice is that?

Then she says, "Now I'm thinking about how fun it would be to have a Christmas party!"  I promptly told her not to start begging for the next thing right away and she says, "I'm not begging."  Then she puts both palms out in front of her, making a pushing motion toward me and nonchalantly adds, "I'm just...puttin' it out there." 

Gosh, I love that girl!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to know about your Halloween party. I am in search of graceful venues in Chicago for arranging my cousin’s birthday party. Searched online and came to know about few venues. Looking forward to book right venue soon.

    ReplyDelete