Saturday, October 1, 2016

Two Days in a Bow Stand

I took Thursday and Friday off work to go out to the shack and hunt.  Our weekends are so busy with fun stuff coming up that I wasn't going to have much hunting time otherwise.  Let me tell you, it was glorious to be out there all alone for two days, no one to worry about but myself and the birds and squirrels.

The best part was the quiet, the peacefulness, the time for reading, and thinking and just doing nothing.

This fall weather beats November rifle season, hands down.  I love it!

I spent a total of about 8 hours in the stand over two days.  The first evening there were four does in the field but they were way out of range.  I just got to enjoy watching them. 

I grabbed the card out of the trail camera when I left and found there had been deer right in front of the stand I was sitting in on September 26th, 27th, and 28th.  I sat there the 29th and 30th...and nothing walked by me.  Hmmm....

Here is the one I wanted to shoot:

Or, even better this one:
Though he seems to be smart enough to only come out in the middle of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment