Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Singin' 'em out of Egypt

Nothing beats a car ride for good discussion time with a pre-teen.  The non-face-to-face set-up is inviting I think. Whatever the reason, Bekah and I were having a good discussion about God and faith and Christmas on our way to an annual girls Christmas tea and craft party last weekend.  After we'd talked for quite awhile, she switched on an Elvis Christmas CD and declared, "Elvis is the greatest man to ever walk the face of the earth."  I said, "Well, except for Jesus."
She agreed that Elvis was second to Jesus. Then I asked, "But what about the other great people of the Bible like Paul, Peter, Moses.  I mean, Moses did some pretty big stuff. I don't know if Elvis was as great as Moses."
Bekah scoffed and said, "Pshaw. Elvis coulda SANG the Israelites right outta Egypt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment